Tuesday 15 February 2011

Best. Cookies. Ever.



I know, it's a bold claim but honestly these are the best cookies I've ever made. Tom thought so too, thus it must be true.

If I'm ever in a restaurant and there's something on the desert menu which involves the word "butterscotch", I'm there like a rat up a drainpipe. Probably because I don't really know what it is but have gathered that it's on the caramel, toffee, fudge spectrum and is devilishly sweet. So I made it my task to discover how one would go about making this heaven-sent treat and with minimal research (a customary google search) I found that my dearly beloved Caramac bars - reminiscent of childhood sweetie shop trips - are essentially butterscotch.

And so, in celebration of completing the first draft of my dissertation (woohoo!) and my body's declaration for gooey yummy calorific treats to compensate for the recent brain abuse, I made Butterscotch and Pecan cookies. Or Caramac and Pecan cookies.

So soft. So chewy. So gooey. So divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment