Friday 10 June 2011

Sushi!



We've had the sushi rice and nori in the cupboard for literally months but this week a sense of adventure and experimentation struck me and I returned home armed with rice wine, mirin, reduced vegetables and no idea what to do with it all. We often eat veggie sushi at the local tea house and we have learnt that the sushi is only as good as the rice and that can be quite tricky to perfect.

So I googled. I amalgamated a number of tips from different websites (stirring the rice wine mixture into the rice in front of an electric fan seemed like a good one) and we began. I had planned to make it all before Tom got home and surprise him with a Sushi picnic or a Sushicnic even but he finished work early and got home before me which foiled that plan. But I'm pleased because it was such a giggle utterly winging it and eating as we went along. It tasted good and the rice was definitely sticky, hoping it wasn't just a fluke.





No comments:

Post a Comment